We invoice the service fee and our (dutch) tax laws require us to add VAT when applicable. Note that we only add VAT if it applies and only over the service fee amount, not the full amount.
So when is VAT applicable?
- When you work outside the European Union, it is not.
- When you work in The Netherlands, it is. If you are a company, you can however always get back the VAT that you pay to us.
- When you work in the EU, outside The Netherlands, it depends if you are VAT registered or not.
- If you are VAT registered in an EU country (non-NL), provide us the number and we will "reverse" the VAT. Note that it means you will have to declare it on your side.
- If you do not have a VAT registration or doesn't want to provide it to us, and working in EU (non-NL), we will have to charge local VAT (from your country !) and deduct it also from the amount in the pay out process.